Conditions of Hire
1. The contract of hire shall be between the Hirer and the Property Owner and subject to the Conditions of Hire. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd act only as agents for the owners. The contract of hire is not effective until payment has been received and written confirmation of the booking is dispatched to the hirer.
2. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd has the responsibility of administering your booking. At all times we act as an agent working under the direction and control of the owner. The everyday management of the property is undertaken on the owner’s behalf and under their direction. Therefore, Home From Home (Wales) Ltd will accept no responsibility for any problems that may arise with the holiday property and all legal responsibility will remain with the owner(s).
3. All property information that is displayed on our website or in our brochure is given in good faith and has been approved by the property owners. Although we take all reasonable steps to ensure the descriptions and our records are accurate, we rely on the property owner(s) to inform us of any changes or updates as and when they occur. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd will accept no responsibility for any inaccuracy in the advert.
4. We reserve the right to amend prices without notice.
5. Early booking and senior citizen discounts must be claimed at the time of booking. Only one discount may be claimed for each booking. Parties claiming a senior citizen discount must comprise a majority of senior citizens. Discounts apply only to bookings of one week or over. Senior Citizens Discount: 5% discount off all full week stays between Nov 04th 2016 and May 12th 2017. This offer excludes Christmas, Easter and school holidays. Early Booking Discount: 2.5% discount off all full week stays between 12th May 2017 and Sept 01st 2017 if confirmed before Sat 12th Nov 2016.
6. Provisional bookings made by telephone must be followed by receipt of the deposit in our office within three days. For bookings made more than six weeks before arrival, a deposit of 50% of the total rental is required; until this deposit is received any reservation made is provisional and may be varied or cancelled without notice. The balance of the rental falls due six weeks before your holiday begins. No reminder is issued. We reserve the right to re-let the property if no payment is received by that date. Each booking is subject to a £15.00 booking fee (£18.00 in 2017)
6.1. The property will be available to you and named party members on the booking form and shall be used solely for the purpose of a holiday within the meaning of Section 9 of The Rent Act, 1977.
6.2. In no circumstance may the period booked be exceeded, unless prior written permission has been given by Home From Home (Wales) Ltd with the permission of the owner. You will be liable for all additional charges in respect of such an extension.
7. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to acceptance of the booking, the hirer becomes liable for the balance of the rental.
8. Bookings will not be accepted from persons under the age of 18. We reserve the right to refuse bookings solely at our discretion.
8.1. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd reserves the right to request a security bond for any booking where it is deemed relevant.
8.2. Security Bond: A refundable security bond may be required on some properties. This will be stated at the time of booking and is taken by credit or debit card one week before the booking commences. Providing the property has been left in accordance with our conditions of hire this will be returned in full as soon as we have confirmation from the housekeeper/owner that the property has been left in an appropriate condition.
The main condition of acceptance of any booking is that good care is taken of the property.
All damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of you, the Hirer, and should be notified to the Owner or owner representative before your departure date. The cost of damage or breakages shall be payable on request. The majority of minor damage or breakages will not be charged but in circumstances where extra cleaning is required or where there has been breakage or damage beyond what is reasonably to be expected, the Owner/Home from Home reserve the right to charge you for any additional costs incurred as a consequence.
Home from Home reserve the right to refuse future bookings if it is deemed that a property has been mistreated by the visitor.
Should there be a dispute regarding the Security deposit the cleaner/housekeepers word will be final. Home from Home (Wales) Ltd will act as mediators only in such disputes. Where possible photographic evidence will be provided.
8.3. Apartments: These are always leasehold and the property owner is legally bound to observe covenants (obligations) that protect the property and the buildings together with communal living areas within the building and the safety of its occupiers.
Such covenants may refer to parking in communal areas, refuse collection, noise and pets. These covenants will also bind you as an occupier.
Full details will be available in the property. Visitors must be aware that apartment complex's have permanent residents and their privacy must be respected at all times.
9. PETS: It is indicated in every property description whether or not pets are accepted. This must be strictly adhered to. Where pets are allowed, an extra charge of £20 per pet per week will be levied. We ask you to keep your pets under strict control. They should not be allowed to foul gardens or communal areas. Hirer's should provide bedding and eating utensils. Pets are not allowed on beds or furniture or into sleeping areas. Hirer's will be liable for any damage caused by pets and are asked to remove all evidence of their pets (e.g. dog hairs) before departure. If extra cleaning is deemed necessary it will be charged for.
10. The maximum number of people (excluding babies 0-2 years) to be accommodated is displayed clearly on every property description. This may not be exceeded; nor shall the hirer part with possession of the property or sub-let or share it, except with members of the party shown on the booking form. We reserve the right to refuse entry to a property if the maximum number is exceeded.
11. All properties will be furnished and equipped for the maximum number of people stated in individual descriptions, but hirers will be required to supply their own sheets, towels and other linen unless otherwise indicated in the property description. Cots (where available) will be supplied with mattresses, but without blankets.
a. For properties that are advertised as 3-star and do not include the provision of linen or towels as standard, these can be supplied at a supplementary price.
12. AVAILABILITY: If the property is unavailable on the day stated due to circumstances beyond our control, all monies paid will be repaid without question. Every endeavour will be made to find a similar property, but no further liability will fall upon us.
13. If the hirer is not satisfied with the accommodation provided, he or she should contact the owner or owner’s representative (Home From Home (Wales) Ltd) immediately upon their arrival.
13.1. Complaints cannot be accepted if made after the holiday. We shall take every step to ensure that complaints are dealt with speedily. We ask you to confirm all complaints in writing.
Home From Home (Wales) Ltd will not respond to any complaints received after the holiday has ended unless we are previously aware of the issue.
14. Cancellation. Should you need to cancel your booking please refer to our Cancellation and curtailment policy (see below). In the case of cancellation not covered, the full rental must be paid. If we are able to re-let the property on your behalf, we will return your rental payment in full (including deposit), less an administration charge of 15% and the booking fee.
15. PAYMENT: Please note that there is a 2% charge for credit card payments. There is no extra surcharge for debit card payments.
16. You agree that Home From Home (Wales) Ltd nor the home owner have any liability to you or any of the holiday party for any personal injury, illness, loss or damage to your property howsoever caused, nor for the loss or theft of any property or money during your stay. The use of the property and all amenities provided by us is entirely at your risk.
17. Some of the older stone cottages and buildings that are not of normal construction have an occasional problem with dampness/ condensation at certain times of the year. The owners make every possible effort to alleviate this problem but in some cases it cannot be completely resolved.
18. Visitors will be liable for breakages caused during their occupation, and will be expected to leave the property (particularly kitchen utensils and appliances) clean and tidy. Extra cleaning and damage will be charged for.
19. Keys may be collected from Home From Home (Wales) Ltd’s office between 3.00pm and 5.00pm on the stated day of arrival unless notified to the contrary by Home From Home (Wales) Ltd, (Please check your key collection details as some properties may differ). They MUST be returned to our office before 10.30am on the day of departure. If visitors wish to collect their keys after 9.00pm, there will be a charge of £25 unless arriving at a keysafe property. Holiday homes should be available by 3.30pm on the day of arrival. All guests and occupiers, luggage, property, vehicles etc must vacate the property completely by 10.00 am on the last date of the accommodation letting.
19.1. When vacating the property for any period of time you the Hirer are required to ensure that all windows and doors must be checked and securely locked. Keys must be returned as agreed. In the event that keys are not returned, then a charge will be incurred by you to cover locksmith costs to change locks and replace keys.
20. WiFi - where the Internet is provided/ supplied, it is provided in good faith and may from time to time be subject to loss of connection or malfunction. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd will not accept any liability or responsibility if for any reason the service is not available or not functioning. Some properties provide WiFi via BT openzone/Fon or in communal areas so please check the description carefully.
22. TV and mobile reception vary considerably in this area and reception can be dependent on weather conditions.
23. Each property description lists the white goods and appliances available. It is the visitor’s responsibility to ensure the property selected has the required facilities.
23a. Where an appliance malfunctions both Home from Home and the owner will endeavour to remedy the problem as soon as possible. Home from Home or the owner will not accept responsibility if an immediate solution is not possible.
24. Home from Home (Wales) Ltd, the owner and nominated trades may require access to your holiday home during your stay to undertake regular maintenance e.g. Gardening or window cleaning and for any emergency repairs as required.
1. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd act as a referral agent only for bookings of babysitters and chauffeur services and will not be held liable for any complaints. All complaints should be directed to the appropriate person/company.
2. All extra services including babysitting and chauffeur services will be billed on an individual basis and payment will be required on the day, on completion of the service. All payments should be made to the individual person/company.
Holiday Cancellation and Curtailment
Please note that cancellations must be notified before the commencement date of the holiday.
If, after you have booked and paid for your holiday you find that you cannot take it for the reasons that are set out below:
• Death, illness, injury or compulsory quarantine of you or any member of your travelling party named on the booking or of any *relative or **close business associate (see definitions below), excluding pets.
• Disorganisation or disruption of any UK mainland public transport service due to strike, lock out, riot or civil commotion on which you rely to reach your holiday home. Tickets required as proof of claim.
• You or any member of your travelling party being required to undertake jury service or appear as a witness at a court of law providing you have had your written request for an alternative date refused. ;
• Police requiring the presence of you or any member of your travelling party following fire or theft at your home or place of business.
• Accidental damage to your or any member of your travelling party’s home, occurring within 14 days of the planned departure date or during the holiday and rendering the home uninhabitable.
• You or any member of your travelling party receiving notification of redundancy within two months of the holiday start date, which qualifies for statutory payment under current legislation.
* Spouse, partner, child, parent, parent in law, brother, sister or fiancé(e) ** Co-Director or Business Partner
But not including:
• Any recurring, chronic, or continuing illness or condition and pre-existing medical conditions or injuries.
• Pregnancy or giving birth when the expected date of birth is within two months of the start of your holiday.
• Epidemic or pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation, Department of Health or DEFRA.
• Suicide or attempted suicide.
• Drug addiction or alcoholism.
• Failing to follow proper medical advice.
• Certain hazardous sports or pastimes (definition available on request).
• Travelling against medical advice.
• Divorce, separation or personal relationship breakdown.
We will normally, but at our absolute discretion, refund up to the cottage holiday rental you are liable to pay, less the £15 booking fee (£18 in 2017) and a 15% administration charge, or in the event of curtailment, the proportion of your holiday lost, less the £15 booking fee (£18 in 2017) and 15% administration charge. The decision of Home from Home (Wales) Ltd will be final in all cases.
If you do need to cancel your holiday, please telephone Home from Home (Wales) Ltd immediately and follow up by writing, within 5 days, to Home from Home (Wales) Ltd, 101 Newton Road, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4BN.
In all other cases, we would endeavour to re-let the booking and if successful would normally consider a goodwill refund of the cost of the holiday less the £15 booking fee, and a 15% administration charge and any other reasonable costs incurred in re-marketing the holiday. The deposit would not be refunded in such cases.