Cancellation & Curtailment
Self catering accommodation is generally booked in advance, and if cancelled, especially at short notice, is difficult to re-let. We must hold visitors liable for all rentals due should a cancellation arise.
Please note that cancellations must be notified before the commencement date of the holiday.
If, after you have booked and paid for your holiday you find that you cannot take it for the reasons that are set out below:
• Death, illness, injury or compulsory quarantine of you or any member of your travelling party named on the booking or of any *relative or **close business associate (see definitions below), excluding pets.
• Disorganisation or disruption of any UK mainland public transport service due to strike, lock out, riot or civil commotion on which you rely to reach your holiday home. Tickets required as proof of claim.
• You or any member of your travelling party being required to undertake jury service or appear as a witness at a court of law providing you have had your written request for an alternative date refused.
• Police requiring the presence of you or any member of your travelling party following fire or theft at your home or place of business.
• Accidental damage to your or any member of your travelling party’s home, occurring within 14 days of the planned departure date or during the holiday and rendering the home uninhabitable.
• You or any member of your travelling party receiving notification of redundancy within two months of the holiday start date, which qualifies for statutory payment under current legislation.
* Spouse, partner, child, parent, parent in law, brother, sister or fiancé(e) ** Co-Director or Business Partner
But not including:
• Any recurring, chronic, or continuing illness or condition and pre-existing medical conditions or injuries.
• Pregnancy or giving birth when the expected date of birth is within two months of the start of your holiday.
• Epidemic or pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation, Department of Health or DEFRA.
• Suicide or attempted suicide.
• Drug addiction or alcoholism.
• Failing to follow proper medical advice.
• Certain hazardous sports or pastimes (definition available on request).
• Travelling against medical advice.
• Divorce, separation or personal relationship breakdown.
we will normally, but at our absolute discretion, refund up to the cottage holiday rental you are liable to pay, less the £15 booking fee and a 15% administration charge, or in the event of curtailment, the proportion of your holiday lost, less the £15 booking fee and 15% administration charge.
The decision of Home from Home (Wales) Ltd will be final in all cases.
If you do need to cancel your holiday, please telephone Home from Home (Wales) Ltd immediately and follow up by writing, within 5 days, to Home from Home (Wales) Ltd, 101 Newton Road, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4BN.
In all other cases, we would endeavour to re-let the booking and if successful would normally consider a goodwill refund of the cost of the holiday less the £15 booking fee, and a 15% administration charge and any other reasonable costs incurred in re-marketing the holiday. The deposit would not be refunded in such cases.