Countdown to Christmas
Published: Wednesday 20th Nov 2019
Written by: Home From Home Team
As ever, our city the by sea will be alive and buzzing from mid-November until early-January with a host of sparkling, family-friendly events to lighten up the dark days of winter.
The Christmas Calendar is filling fast and already 5 firm favourites have confirmed they’ll be back again this year to get you into that Christmas spirit. So some dates for the diary…
- Christmas Parade – on 17. 11. 2019 at 5pm join thousands of people and take to the streets of Swansea city’s centre to see Santa arrive in a parade of fine floats. Enjoy local drama and dance groups in fancy dress and bands an entertainment galore in this free event. The route goes from the Dylan Thomas Centre in Swansea’ Cultural Quarter, through Wind St, Castle St, High St, Alexandra Road, Orchard St and along the Kingsway.
- Waterfront Wonderland – between 15.11. 2019 and 05. 01. 2020 head on down to Waterfront Wonderland and be part of Swansea’s main festive attraction. See the grounds of Swansea’s Waterfront Museum transformed into a magical world complete with ice-rink, fairground rides, food stalls and a bar.
- Christmas Market – from 15.11.2019 until 22.12.2019 visit Swansea’s much-loved Christmas Market. Over forty traders will be displaying and selling arts, crafts, decorations, gifts and food to cater for all your Christmas needs.
- Swansea Winter Wonderland/Gower Fresh Christmas Tree Farm – from 22.11.2019 Poundffald Farm, Three Crosses, at the heart of Gower, welcomes you to see Father Christmas and his reindeers as well as being able to purchase a Gower-grown Christmas tree. Expect a winter grotto, polar bears, elves and a present from Santa.
- Christmas Panto – from 13.12.2019 to 12.01.2020 Peter Pan will be showing at Swansea’s Grand Theatre, starring Kevin Johns as Mrs Smee in this rip-roaring pirate adventure.
It’s not too late to book a Christmas and New Year break in one of our Home from Home properties: some will be ready to welcome you with tinsel and a tree. Please contact us to talk you through which one is right for you.