Cool for Kids
Published: Tuesday 30th Jul 2019
Written by: Home From Home Team
There’s time to book a summer break in one of our 250+ holiday cottages in the Swansea, Mumbles and Gower areas of South Wales. We’ve got you covered. At Home from Home we promise we can make it easy for you and take care of all your needs. You’ll be guaranteed a hand-picked bolt-hole by the sea and miles of unspoiled sandy beaches in the UK’s first ever designated area of outstanding natural beauty.
What we can’t guarantee is the weather; but fear not, we’ve got bags of boredom-busting days within easy reach of your cottage, for kids with grown-ups in tow.
Here are 10 to get you going:
- LC – South Wales’ premier indoor waterpark and leisure complex for sport and play, surf and splash or health and fitness in Swansea’s city centre. www.thelcswansea.com
- Down to Earth – adventure and eco-experiences aplenty for all ages and abilities from tree-climbing and coasteering to timber-framing and straw-building at two centres on the Gower peninsula.
- National Waterfront Museum – hands-on interactive-experience of 300 years of Swansea’s industrial past under one roof at the water’s edge at Swansea’s Marina.
- Mumbles Pier –whatever the weather, a perfect family day out at this iconic landmark. Amusement arcade, mini bowling alley, Pirate Boating Lake, Café Pavilion and good old fish& chips at Copperfish Restaurant.
- Swansea Community Boat – Copper Jack – take a trip up Swansea’s historic River Tawe and take in the story of Swansea when it was known as Copperopolis. View rich riverbank wildlife and audio-visual presentation.
- Dylan Thomas Centre – family visits and holiday activities themed around the literary works of Swansea’s most famous son every day outside term time at this listed building and exhibition site at Swansea’s Marina.
- Skidz Karting – Swansea’s only indoor karting track for all abilities, ages and level of drivers. From age 4.1st floor viewing for spectators with snack bar and café.
- Dryad Bushcraft – learn how to prepare for adventures, build shelters, create fire without matches, find food and water and much more in Gower’s ancient woodlands with one of the UK’s leading Bushcraft and Survival training organisations.
- Go Ape – go just a little further from Swansea to the UK’s No.1 Tree Top Adventure destination at the 1,000 acre Margam Park, near Port Talbot. Zip wires, Tarzan swings and rope ladders in lush forest with breath-taking scenery. From age 10.
- Folly Farm – go a little further still and you’ll discover Pembrokeshire’s award-winning Folly Farm. Farmyard favourites, exotic animals and a family-friendly programme of activities folly-farm.co.uk
If that’s not enough to keep everyone happy, then for scores more, please visit www.swanseabay.com/listings