1. The contract of hire shall be between the Hirer and the Property Owner and subject to the Conditions of Hire. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd act only as agents for the owners. The contract of hire is not effective until payment has been received and written confirmation of the booking is dispatched to the hirer.
2. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd has the responsibility of administering your booking. At all times we act as an agent working under the direction and control of the owner. The everyday management of the property is undertaken on the owners behalf and under their direction. Therefore, Home From Home (Wales) Ltd will accept no responsibility for any problems that may arise with the holiday property and all legal responsibility will remain with the owner(s).
3. All property information that is displayed on our website or in our brochure is given in good faith and has been approved by the property owners. Although we take all reasonable steps to ensure the descriptions and our records are accurate, we rely on the property owner(s) to inform us of any changes or updates as and when they occur. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd will accept no responsibility for any inaccuracy in the advert.
4. We reserve the right to amend prices without notice.
5. Early booking and senior citizen discounts must be claimed at the time of booking. Only one discount may be claimed for each booking. Parties claiming a senior citizen discount must comprise a majority of senior citizens. Discounts apply only to bookings of one week or over.
6. Provisional bookings made by telephone must be followed by receipt of the deposit in our office within three days. For bookings made more than six weeks before arrival, a deposit of 50% of the total rental is required; until this deposit is received any reservation made is provisional and may be varied or cancelled without notice. The balance of the rental falls due six weeks before your holiday begins. No reminder is issued. We reserve the right to re-let the property if no payment is received by that date. Each booking is subject to a £12.50 booking fee (£15 in 2013).
7. Upon payment of the deposit and subject to acceptance of the booking, the hirer becomes liable for the balance of the rental.
8. Bookings will not be accepted from persons under the age of 18. We reserve the right to refuse bookings solely at our discretion.
8.1. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd reserves the right to request a security bond for any booking where it is deemed relevant.
9. PETS: It is indicated in every property description whether or not pets are accepted. This must be strictly adhered to. Where pets are allowed, an extra charge of £20 per pet per week will be levied. We ask you to keep your pets under strict control. They should not be allowed to foul gardens or communal areas. Hirer's should provide bedding and eating utensils. Pets are not allowed on beds or furniture or into sleeping areas. Hirer's will be liable for any damage caused by pets and are asked to remove all evidence of their pets (e.g. dog hairs) before departure.
10. The maximum number of people (excluding babies 0-2 years) to be accommodated is displayed clearly on every property description. This may not be exceeded; nor shall the hirer part with possession of the property or sub-let or share it, except with members of the party shown on the booking form. We reserve the right to refuse entry to a property if the maximum number is exceeded.
11. All properties will be furnished and equipped for the maximum number of people stated in individual descriptions, but hirers will be required to supply their own sheets, towels and other linen unless otherwise indicated in the property description. Cots (where available) will be supplied with mattresses, but without blankets.
a. For properties that are advertised as 3-star and do not include the provision of linen or towels as standard, these can be supplied at a supplementary price.
12. AVAILABILITY: If the property is unavailable on the day stated due to circumstances beyond our control, all monies paid will be repaid without question. Every endeavour will be made to find a similar property, but no further liability will fall upon us.
13. If the hirer is not satisfied with the accommodation provided, he or she should contact the owner or owners representative (Home From Home (Wales) Ltd) immediately upon their arrival.
13.1. Complaints cannot be accepted if made after the holiday. We shall take every step to ensure that complaints are dealt with speedily. We ask you to confirm all complaints in writing.
Home From Home (Wales) Ltd will not respond to any complaints received after the holiday has ended unless we are previously aware of the issue.
14. All rentals quoted include participation in our Cancellation Scheme. In the case of cancellation not covered by our scheme, the full rental must be paid. If we are able to re-let the property on your behalf, we will return your rental payment in full (including deposit), less an administration charge of 15% and the booking fee.
15. PAYMENT: Please note that there is a 2% charge for credit card payments. There is no charge for debit card payments.
16. Neither we nor the property owners can guarantee the security of your vehicles or personal possessions whilst within the curtilage of the property and we cannot be held liable for loss or damage thereto, from any cause whatsoever.
17. Some of the older stone cottages and buildings that are not of normal construction have an occasional problem with dampness/ condensation at certain times of the year. The owners make every possible effort to alleviate this problem but in some cases it cannot be completely resolved.
18. Visitors will be liable for breakages caused during their occupation, and will be expected to leave the property (particularly kitchen utensils and appliances) clean and tidy. Extra cleaning will be charged for.
19. Keys may be collected from Home From Home (Wales) Ltds office between 3.00pm and 5.00pm on the stated day of arrival unless notified to the contrary by Home From Home (Wales) Ltd. They MUST be returned to our office before 10.30am on the day of departure. If visitors wish to collect their keys outside office hours, there will be a charge of £25. Holiday homes should be available by 3.30pm on the day of arrival. You are requested to vacate the property by 10.00am on the day of departure.
20. Wi-Fi - where the Internet is provided/ supplied, it is provided in good faith and may from time to time be subject to loss of connection or malfunction. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd will not accept any liability or responsibility if for any reason the service is not available or not functioning.
22. TV and mobile reception vary considerably in this area and reception can be dependent on weather conditions.
23. Each property description lists the white goods and appliances available. It is the visitors responsibility to ensure the property selected has the required facilities.
23a. Where an appliance malfunctions both Home from Home and the owner will endeavour to remedy the problem as soon as possible. Home from Home will not accept responsibility if an immediate solution is not possible.
24. We are members of The Guestscan Association, an unincorporated association of holiday accommodation owners whose address is 46-48 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4LY and who maintain a database of information about guests who have, in the reasonable opinion of members, caused the member to suffer loss or damage. The Guestscan Association is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
25. By booking with us, you authorise us to share the information you provide in relation to your booking (including your name, address and date of birth and those of every other person in your party) and to report the circumstances surrounding any loss or damage you cause during your stay with other members of the Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited, who may add your details to the Guestscan Association database. This may result in our members refusing to accept bookings from you in the future. The Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited may also use your information to analyse and improve the effectiveness of the Guestscan service. We will also use your information for our own internal record keeping.
26. The Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited will not share your information with any other party for advertising or marketing purposes and will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement gencies). Our Data Protection Policy is available at http://www. guestscan.co.uk/privacy-policy.html.
27. The Guestscan Association will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary to protect the interests of members and the length of time will depend on the severity of the report that is made about any loss, damage or unacceptable behaviour during your stay. In any event, your information will be destroyed automatically or before the fourth anniversary of the date that the report is made.
28. You may request copies of the information that we hold about you at any time by writing to Guestscan Limited at 46-48 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4LY. We may make a small charge which will not exceed £10.
29. If you think that the information we have about you or records of your stay are incorrect or misleading, you should contact Guestscan Limited as soon as possible at the above address so that we can take steps to correct our records where necessary.
For more information call 08444 935 088 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Home From Home (Wales) Ltd act as a referral agent only for bookings of babysitters and chauffeur services and will not be held liable for any complaints. All complaints should be directed to the appropriate person/company.
2. All extra services including babysitting and chauffeur services will be billed on an individual basis and payment will be required on the day, on completion of the service. All payments should be made to the individual person/company.
1. Self-catering accommodation is generally booked in advance, and if cancelled, especially at short notice, is difficult to re-let. We must hold visitors liable for all rentals due should a cancellation arise.
In the unfortunate event of a cancellation due to the death, illness of, or accident to, a member of the party mentioned on the booking form, we will immediately upon notification return all monies paid, less the administration charge of 15%. The claim must be accompanied by a certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner and must be in respect of an illness not known about at the time of booking (pregnancy, anxiety and depression will not qualify).
2.The scheme is automatically extended to each booking made with Home From Home (Wales) Ltd. Cancellation within the scheme must be informed by telephone and confirmed in writing.
3. Acceptance of claims will be made in writing and eight weeks should be allowed for settlement.
4. Please note that claims under this cancellation scheme must be made before the commencement of the holiday.
Cancellations not covered by the scheme
We shall do our best to re-let your holiday property if you find it necessary to cancel your holiday. But do please bear in mind Conditions of Hire No.14. If we are successful, we shall return all monies paid less the booking fee and a 15% administration charge.
1. Bookings from customers resident outside of the UK.
2. Any recurring or continuing illness or condition and pre-existing medical condition or injuries known about at the time of booking.
3. Pregnancy or giving birth when the expected date of birth is within six weeks of the commencement of your holiday.
4. Suicide or attempted suicide.
5. Drug addiction or alcoholism.
6. Travelling against medical advice.
7. Certain hazardous sports or pastimes including motor sports, climbing and board sports.
8. Divorce, separation, or personal relationship breakdown.